M.A.P.S. (Mapping and Planning Support) Alberta Capital Region, supports Local Area Networks of human service providers in planning together by creating maps and assisting with their use within the planning process. It has been our pleasure to develop new community mapping methods and styles along with our partners over the years. Our mapping efforts have evolved with the needs of our sector. In an effort to ensure that the voice of program participants is heard and included in planning processes we have broadened our community engagement efforts and conducted community-based research.
- find a definition of community mapping,
- see samples of various map styles,
- learn more about community mapping as a tool for collaborative planning,
- learn about M.A.P.S. and the groups we are currently working with,
- view community profiles,
- view community-based research reports,
- find our contact information.