M.A.P.S. (Mapping and Planning Support) Alberta Capital Region, supports Local Area Networks of human service providers in planning together by creating maps and assisting with their use within the planning process. It has been our pleasure to develop new community mapping methods and styles along with our human service partners over the years. Our mapping efforts have evolved with the needs of our sector. In an effort to ensure that the voice of program participants is heard and included in planning processes we have broadened our community engagement efforts and conducted community based research with our partners.
A more comprehensive, accessible continuum of human services exists to support children, youth, families and communities in their healthy development.
- Relationships among service providers/community groups will be enhanced.
- Human service providers/funders will be able to plan more effectively.
- Human service providers/funders will be able to measure change more effectively.
- Community partnerships.
- Cross sector collaboration.
- Capacity building approaches.
- Community ownership.
- The knowledge and wisdom of community members.
- Personal integrity and ethical practice.
Meet Our Team
Our current team! From left to right, Marlene Mulder, Jennifer Vogl, Matthew ``Gus`` Gusul, Lindee Golden, Kilee Winterford-Nadeau, and Carol Van Der Velde
Executive Director & Partnership Enhancement Facilitator
Social Geographer & Digital Storyteller
Community Engagement Specialist
Community Based Research Consultant
CAROL VAN DER VELDE