Welcome to the MAPS Alberta Capital Region Wiki.
MAPS Alberta Capital Region works with the vision of a more holistic and collaborative approach to supporting the healthy development of children, youth, individuals and families.
This wiki was created with the intention to assist our partners in identifying relevant research and materials to support their work. Wherever possible, source materials have been included, linked to or identified. If you are using information from this wiki, please review and credit the source materials.
Our wiki is currently a work in progress, with new pages and topics being added. Please contact us for more information.
Topics currently available (or under construction) in our wiki:
Alberta: Resources for Local Information
Children & Youth
- Alberta Youth
- Chronic/Persistent Youth Offenders
- Developmental Assets
- Dropout Prevention Programs
- Early Childhood Development Mapping Project Alberta
- Home Visitation
- Immigrant and Refugee Youth
- Parenting Programs
- Prevention of Gang Involvement
- A Safe Place
- School-Based Supports
- Social Norms Approach
- Street-Involved Pregnancy and Parenting
- Substance Abuse
- Youth Homelessness
Evidence-Based Practice: Resources
LGBTQ and Sexual Minorities
- Evidence-Based Practice Toolkits
- Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Mental Health & Children in Care
- Mental health and contact with police in Canada
- Effective Frequency - How many times do you need to see or hear a message before you learn it?
- Public Education & Domestic Violence
- Social Media & Health Promotion
- Financial Literacy
The Social Services Sector
- Continuum of Care - Definitions
- Home Visitation
- ThreeSource- Research and Resource Hub for Nonprofits and Social Services in Alberta
- Collaborative Practice
- Social Change